- The general purpose of the Council shall be to assist the Rector in his duties as shepherd and canonical administrator of the shrine.
- The Rector’s Council is organized to systematize the work of pursuing a common pastoral direction of evangelization and propagation of Faith. It assumes a rightful duty to share in the task of implementing pastoral plans for the Shrine.
- Members of the Council are to be in full, visible communion with the Catholic Church. Each is to be dedicated to the welfare of the entire shrine
- The Council shall be in charge of formulation, coordination and implementation of all the programs/projects of the Shrine.
Responsibilities of the Council
- Assist the Rector in planning, organizing, initiating, promoting, coordinating and reviewing the evangelization, worship, religious education and service activities of the shrine.
- Develop goals and objectives which further the mission of the shrine.
- Recommend policies which are supportive of the mission of the shrine.
- Develop programs and activities for the shrine in carrying out its mission.
- Listen carefully to the needs of the people of the shrine and assess regularly the spiritual and temporal needs of the shrine.
- Plan for the future needs of the shrine and determine priorities and develop a plan for both implementing and evaluating them.